We will be holding a one-off farmers’ market on Sunday 25 February in Farmborough Memorial Hall from 11am to 2pm with over 20 local producers showcasing local food, produce, and other goodies from around the area, with goods available to sample and buy.
In addition to the market, there will also be a café with tea and coffee (served from the machine that will be installed in the new shop) and homemade cake donated by Farmborough residents. Plus, there will be a big-prize raffle with at least two hampers up-for-grabs filled with tasty contributions from the attending traders.
The market is intended to give local people an idea of the range of locally available produce in our area. As a community shop, local products will feature highly alongside basic essentials in order to set it apart from other convenience stores and supermarkets in the area, so feedback on the products and produce featured will be sought from visitors.
Additional funds are still needed to complete the works required prior to the opening of the new shop. Donations are welcomed, and a share offer is being launched at the farmers’ market so that local residents and businesses can become a member of the shop from as little as £10 and help us to reach or surpass our community funding target of £50,000.
Free entry! Everyone welcome.
- Bath Harvest – rapeseed oil
- Bohemian Blooms – flowers
- Cavendish Cooks
- Cherry Tree Preserves
- Electric Bear – beer
- Fresh-range – fruit, vegetables and more
- Heavenly Hedgerows – jams and jellies, some foraged
- Hobbs Wall Hens – eggs
- Hullabaloos – still lemonade
- Langford Preserves
- Leafy Tea Company
- Maisey’s Bakery – a good selection of breads, rolls, pastries etc.
- Sleight Farm – cheese – goats, sheep – whatever is being produced at the time
- Somerset Charcuterie
- Somerset Cheese Company – a selection of hard and soft cheese
- Sweet Cumin – curried ready meals and also spices
- The Organic Cake Company – assorted cakes including gluten free, vegan etc.
- Timmy’s Chillies – jams and marmalades with the chilli extra
- Treats with a Twist – sweets
- Tunley Farm Butchers
- Tunley Farm Smokehouse
- Willow Farm Gourmet – wine, cider and maybe more
Samples and other contributions from:
- Beans and Machines
- Butcombe Brewery
- Little Jack Horner’s – sausage rolls
- Meg’s Cottage Fudge
- Taste of Timsbury
- The Real Olive Company
Please note that attending traders are subject to change.