We will need you to use the shop
Many of us enjoy the convenience of having a shop in the village. It is great to be able to walk to get a newspaper or buy things we have run out of and need in a hurry like milk, sugar, or cat food. However, if the shop is going to survive long-term, then people in the village will need to shop here regularly.
Spend £10 per week
If each person visiting the shop spends £10 a week we will have a solid sales base, and if we can stock the right things in our shop we think there is no reason why people would want to spend their money elsewhere. No one wants to buy things they don’t need or want, so let us know what you would buy regularly so that we can stock it.
A few ideas you may not have thought about:
- Do you get a local veg box? The village shop provides fresh fruit and vegetables and local bread.
- Would you order your meat from the shop? We currently have a good quality local butcher who delivers to the shop.
- If you buy wine could you buy it at the shop? What sort of wine do you buy?
- If we have a good range of groceries, would you do your weekly shop in the village once a month rather than at Tesco, Sainsbury’s or Waitrose?
- Do you worry about carrying your shopping home because you don’t drive? If we provided a delivery service would you do your weekly shop here?
- If you buy fresh flowers each week would you order them through the shop? We currently stock flowers and plants.
- Would you buy a homemade meal (e.g. lasagne) for your family once a week? What meals would we need to stock in order for you to do that?
- We have a coffee shop in the store. Will you use it to meet up with friends for a cup of tea, cake and a chat each week?
Is there anything that we’re not stocking? Do you have a specific dietary need that we can support? Let us know what you want to see in the shop by contacting us.
Want to become a supplier?
If you think your products or services would be well received by residents and visitors to Farmborough, please contact us with your details.